Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Headed on Vacation

So tomorrow we (Cody and I) are headed to San Diego. Yeah for a vacation. I am really excited, but I don't know how my body is going to react to walking all over the place. I will have to put more thought into nap time. I know the walking will be good for me, yet running errands and going for a walk now wear me out by about 1pm. :) Here's hoping Cali sun will give me bursts of energy when I need it. Plus, here's hoping, my skin will continue to calm down. It has significantly since the last time I blogged. The new topical lotions and soap have worked great. I am sure, like with our trip to HI, the moist air will also help heal itchy, dry skin.

Now, to clear up some concerns I have been hearing. I am enjoying my pregnancy in case any one was worrying. I know it sometimes sounds like I am not, but really I am. By and large the whole experience has been interesting and positive. But like a said last time I wrote comments like "Just wait, it gets worse" and "Oh, you're in for a long hot summer" and my favorite "O, well the summer heat will really make your ankles swell" don't really help my over all mood even on my good days. So note to all, when talking to a pregnant lady, she probably already knows that things will get worse before they get better, that summer will be hot (isn't it always) and that her feet will swell, she doesn't need a reminder. Instead, let's think of positive things like, "Well, at least you look really cute" or "Thank goodness for pools" or "yeah for sandals and not having to wear shoes." :)

Well, alright, back from my tangent. Gracin is getting bigger and kicking more. He doesn't like it when I wear pants.....because he sits so low that my pant line cramps his style. So he kicks me. I have become good friends with skirts and long dresses. Latest food cravings have been pickles and grape (purple) juice, not necessarily together or at the same time. I also still inhale fruit and love spinach salads. I have been informed that I ought to eat more veggies......they just aren't as appealing at fruit what can I say. Just ask Cody. The other night we had broccoli and watermelon as part of dinner and it would make him laugh to see my face while eating broccoli. Not that the broccoli tasted bad, it just wasn't as scrumptious as the watermelon. He said I looked like a disappointed little kid, who knew that I had to have "one more bite" of broccoli before eating dessert. The watermelon made up for it.....O melon, I love you! Let's just say, I can't wait for Honeydew to be in season.....they are coming soon, I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment