Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

All Moved In

New house is great, quaint and a bit overwhelming. I thought I had all the right paint colors picked out. Turns out....wrong.....so wrong. The only ones Cody and I agree on are the ones that are going in the two small bathrooms, the baby's room and our room; even those took much deliberation.

Where did we start? In the baby's room. It is Rich Navy (navy accent wall) and Christopher Robin's Swing (light sagey green). The guest bath is going to be Cascade white (hint of blue to the white) and Bleached Denim (slate blue of sorts). The "master" bath is going to just be Cascade white. When we get around to it, the master bedroom is going to have 3 silver walls and one that is Cascade white. As far as the guest room, that is still being debated and the kitchen/living room has given me a headache. :)

So as we finish a room, I will get pictures posted. Gracin's room will probably be first.....WEE!

So amongst the boxes there is some order. I have enough put away and organized that I can function. The house is just the right size for us. The best part the couch isn't comfy enough to want to sit on for too long. :) While you sit, you think of a bunch of other stuff you could be doing or of talking to neighbors or of enjoying the weather or of working in the yard (or lack there of, if considering the back yard).

Any way our new neighborhood as a whole is awesome. Some one is always outside. People say hello and chit-chat when you meet the in the street. We have been in our house for 2 days and one night now and we have already made tons of new friends. Cody and I can't wait to get to a point (soon) where we can have a house warming party and invite everyone over. Gracin will have tons of friends. There are kids everywhere, one lives right across the street (he is four months now). Everyone is active whether it is biking, running, hiking, walking, yoga, gardening, fixing or whatever else. I love our new place!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment