Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

28 weeks

Alright so we have hit the 28 week mark. So that means I had to do my one hour glucose test (for Gestational Diabetes) and have another Pre-natal appointment. The one hour glucose wasn't too bad. I had to drink red flavored simple syrup (basically 1 part water to 2 parts sugar) in less than five minuets then sit in the lab for an hour while they watch how I react. Nothing happened, we got to the end of the hour, they took my blood and said they would send results to my OB. Found out today that I don't have Gestational Diabetes or anemia, which is good. Everything is going perfectly.

I am up to 146 lbs, so I am going to start being a little more careful about how much and what I eat. I already eat pretty well but I think watching portion size will help a lot. My goal weight is 150 lbs, 155 lbs at the most....I still have to make it to August and Gracin is only 2.5 lbs, so the rest of the weight I gain better be ALL baby. :)

Now I am into the section of my pregnancy where I have appointments every 2 weeks until 36 weeks then I switch to every week! Yikes. Over the next few appointments I get to meet the other doctors in the practice. Just in case my doc isn't available when I deliver, I wont be meeting a stranger the day my baby is born. The practice is small, there are only 4 ladies total. All come highly recommended by the nursing staff at Rose, so I am not worried a bit.

On another note, Cody and I move into our new house a week from this weekend! AH! I am totally excited and stressed at the same time! New house, new baby all with in 3 months! O man, what were we thinking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment