Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 18, 2010

Two Months Shots and Meeting Cousins

This past weekend has been an eventful one for my young one. His cousins (Lukey, Hanna, Riah, and Tommy), Aunty Celeste and Uncle Mike arrived on Thursday the 14th, his 2 month mark. Hanna was left at our house while the rest continued on to Gama's.
In the morning I thought I would have to find a way to get Hanna to the others before Gracin's doctor's appointment, but to my surprise she wanted to tag along.

So in preparation for impending shots, we decided to make Gracin look tough. We adorned his arms with baby tattoos (one a spiky paci and the other a heart with mom written on it). We also put him in his punk rocker shirt (grey with velvet tye picture with Rock It! "button". Don't worry pictures to come, they are presently on my phone, I have to download them. Any way once all preparations were made off to the Dr.

Top pic: Mom heart Bottompic: spiky paci


His check up went well. Dr. Frand says he is growing well and is right on track. He is a little over 11lbs and about 23 inches long! He is getting SSOO big! I asked Dr. Frand about Gracin's most recent cry. He will out of no where SCREAM, not his usual wined up and cry then scream, this just starts as a full-out bloody murder scream like he has been dropped or stabbed. However, I have noticed it usually stops as quick as it starts as soon as he poops or farts. Dr. Frand says to chalk it up to belly pains, he's just sensitive to his bowels. Poor guy.

Both Dr. Frand and the nurse loved the tattoos. :) Very tough indeed. Now shot time. Before the shots were injected, I warned Gracin. I told him the nurse was going to give him some shots and that it was going to hurt but not be nearly as miserable as being sick, so the momentary pain is for his own good and save him from agony later. I got him dressed in his onsie, since the shots went in his legs, held his hands and tried not to cry myself. The nurse gave him two shots in the left leg and one in his right ( he also got one orally). He gave that nurse one Really big scream and then stared her down. I quickly swaddled him tight and picked him up. He took it like a champ. No major problems. However, Tylenol was given in 4 hour increments to help ease muscles aches.

Any way the rest of the day was spent playing with Hanna and going on walks.

Saturday after waking, getting dressed, breakfast and the traditional walk, Hanna, Gracin and I went to do some shopping. Hanna wanted to tie-dye onsies for Gracin, so we did. They turned out TOTALLY cute. We each made two. After that the rest of the family met up with us and we all went swimming!

Cody was sooooo excited. The pool was warm, but not as warm and Gracin would have preferred. But he was in the pool for a good 30mins before he had had enough. He enjoyed being weightless again. Fun was had by all, again pictures to come.
After swimming it was pizza time. Everyone had pizza and passes the baby. :)
Sunday brought goodbyes. Hanna was a huge help and everyone enjoyed meeting their new cousin (nephew). Can't wait for November when they get to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment