Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

1 month already

Gracin is already a month old (well, tomorrow actually)! Can you believe it? He got to go to church for the first time yesterday, that was fun. He did really well.......sorta.
I was holding him and toward the end of sacrament I suddenly feel warmer and wetter on my right side. I pull Gracin away to realize that he has peed through his diaper, onsie, and khakis! Plus my shirt as well. Off to the bathroom for a change and quick snack. :)
Gracin is starting to discover the world around him. He can see further and will loves looking at faces and bold patterns. He is very smiley. He is also beginning to hold his own head up more and more. He is SO strong :)
Today was a great accomplishment in my book. He woke up at 6:30 for breakfast and fell back asleep until 8:30!!!! YES! It was an awesome hour and a half of sleep. However at 8:30 he was ready for a walk and wondered (quite loudly) why we weren't outside walking. Then toward the end of our walk he wondered why we weren't home yet dancing and having second breakfast. Very confusing morning....it is rough being a new born. ;)
Now the little angel is taking a nap in his new favorite swing. Thank heavens for that swing! It has helped Gracin get fuller nights of sleep, which means mommy gets more sleep too. As long as he has been in his swing for at least an hour (once in his jammies, gums brushed, clean diaper and bed night snack) he will usually sleep for at least 5 hours!!! Sweet!
This being a mom thing, though sometimes tries my patients, is totally worth it. I love being a mom.

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you have a very good attitude and are doing well. I wish I had the same outlook wheN I had my first baby. I think I was just too depressed for a few month. I hope you're doing better than I did for real! You're a good mommy.

    ReplyDelete