Technically we celebrated Mother's and Father's last year.....being pregnant and all. But this year was my first year with Gracin actually here. :)
Any way, it was a wonderful day and weekend. The weather was gorgeous and we spent the majority of our time outside. The only thing that would have made it better would be Cody not working. It is not very often that the job has him work Saturdays, let alone Sundays for double time pay; so Cody took the opportunity to work. The time we spent at home together was awesome.
My Mother's Day started on Saturday when I got to go plant shopping at the local Nursrey. I got some pansies, mint and basil. I can't wait until Cody has the big garden built so I can start a serious garden. :) Gracin, Gama and I spent the day outside playing and enjoying the beautiful weather.
When I arrived home Cody asked if I wanted my present early, since he would be working and all. I said sure, but the present was not produced. So I let it be and went about our night time routine. After Gracin was asleep I was getting Cody's lunch ready and reluctantly working on the dishes. Cody requested that Sweet Potato fries be made. "Right now?" I ask. Yes, was the reply. I asked him to grab them out while I turned on the stove. He said he would but instead went and sat on the couch. I was confused and a little upset that he wouldn't help me out since he was the one that wanted them and all. So I rolled my eyes and went to the freezer. Upon pulling out the Sweet Potato fries I found a Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard Ice Cream Cake. YUM! What a Great and Tasty surprise! Of coarse we had pieces right then and fries weren't actually made.
Yum ice cream cake for breakfast. Sunday was off to a good start. Cody and I enjoyed breakfast together before he departed and before Gracin woke up. Cody left and I got dressed to go to church.
When I went into to get Gracin I found there was a card above his head in his crib. The card was ADORABLE and the Target gift card was pretty awesome as well. The card said: "To have you for a mom is to have hope and strength and tremendous love always on my side...Lucky me" Cody had paper clipped pictures of us in the card. It naturally made me tear up and almost made my makeup run. :)
My parents joined me for church. The service was great, filled with song and stories of Mother's. Not a dry eye in the place. After word the Moms all got See's Chocolate. Yum.
My parents, G and I all then went out to lunch at the Blue Cow, in Morrison. My mom and I shared a Bleu Cheese Mushroom burger with Garden Salad. My dad had similar.
After lunch we returned to my home to meet Cody. From there Cody, G and I spent the rest of the daylight hours outside. Our neighbors gave us the kiddy pool they bought for their dogs. So G got to play on the porch in a pool full of warm water; we hooked the hose to the kitchen sink to fill it up. Cody and I worked in the yard and started planing our backyard.
Dinner and a movie at home finished out the day. Plus pieces of ice cream cake to top it all off.
What a great Mother's day!


Sounds wonderful! Enjoy relaxing mother's days while you can! At my stage, mothers day is just like any other day and a whole lot of work! With 9:00 church and 4 little ones to get ready, we both have to pitch in as usual in order to arrive our usual 5 minutes late for sacrament meeting. At least Clint didn't have any meetings on Mother's day. That was nice for a change. LOL
ReplyDelete